Monday, September 8, 2014

It's all in how you look at it...

 I threw my back out yesterday -- something that hasn't happened in almost 20 years -- and so I missed my standing Monday morning coffee date. 

But then, while sitting in the living room, icing my back and feeling a little sorry for myself, I got a phone call from my daughter to say that the boat she was helping to bring down to Seattle from Orcas would be sailing by my living room window in a minute or two.

So I grabbed my camera and the air horn and went outside, got lots of photos and made some happy noises (that's her standing just below the left edge of the boom) and couldn't help but see the serendipity of the moment: if I hadn't hurt my back, I wouldn't have been home to see her sail by.  So life is good, after all! 

No comments: