Friday, July 18, 2014

Birthday blessings

It's been a wild and crazy week, what with our 30th anniversary and my 65th birthday coming back to back: it feels like we've been celebrating for days! So it was lovely to hear that my husband had three local meetings to attend last night: I went to dinner with a friend, and then curled up in my favorite rocker on the deck, holding a good book and a handful of chocolate amaretto rainier cherries and keeping my camera close by in case of another good sunset (I missed the last one).

The temperature was perfect, the cherries were delicious, the breeze was cool, the book was fun and the sky cooperated by offering some gorgeous colors to feed my soul.  How can I be other than grateful for all these blessings?

And now for the rest of life...

1 comment:

Sandra said...

What a glorious sunset and with so many different colours. It could be a delicate water-colour.