Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have so much to be thankful for today - my chicks came home to roost last night, bringing friends, and we sat up partying and cooking until well after midnight; such fun!

But just as we were heading off to bed, my younger daughter misplaced her cellphone, and after tearing the house apart looking for it with no luck, she started spewing blame: it was all my fault for turning her bedroom into an art studio...

When the cellphone turned up in her jacket pocket, of course, she apologized. But I found it amusing that in the dream that woke me up this morning, I was staring at my computer, and someone had posted an article on Facebook about how saying no to children had been scientifically proven to have a positive effect on their brain cells.

So I found myself thinking, "Oh, good; perhaps now the next generation will do a better job of raising children than we did, because they'll understand the importance of saying no! -- And I woke up determined to post the article on Facebook. It actually took a minute to realize it was all a dream; clearly I have been spending too much time on the computer lately...

Anyway -- as much as I appreciate the joy of food, family and friends, I can't help but be aware of all those who are struggling today, because they are hungry, homeless or ill, or separated from their loved ones. I hope the joy we find this day can somehow overflow onto them, and wish their troubles may be lifted away.

And just a little PS: I'm thankful, also, for all of you who walk this path with me, and wish each of you a joyful and blessed Thanksgiving. May the Lord bless you, and keep you, and make His face to shine upon you, and give you peace...

No comments: