Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Precarious perch

Richard Rohr, in his latest book, Immortal Diamond, offers some very powerful messages about how "church," over the years, has gotten Jesus' message wrong. 

It's not so much an attack as a call to return to center: it's clear he believes humanity is poised on the brink of new possibility; that we have constantly renewing opportunities to realize the unity of spirit that God intended for us.

Like this heron, many of us have chosen some curious resting places in this time of transition; I know for me it's been a precarious balancing act, holding true all I learned in my Presbyterian and Anglican traditions with all I've learned from my reading  and meditation.  I wish I felt this serene and steady... and as hopeful as Rohr seems to be...

1 comment:

Jan said...

My weekly book study at church is almost finished reading this book. It is truly profound.