Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Show it, sell it, or give it away

I just spent my morning labeling and packing up over 100 pieces of art -- both photos and paintings -- (and all marked WAY down) for my gallery's annual Almost Perfect Sale, which opens tomorrow and runs through Sunday.  Now I just have to load them all into the car...

This is the biggest piece of the set; it's printed on metal and was originally at $650; it was juried in to the 25th annual Women's Works Show of the Northwest Area Arts Council but has never been shown on the island; I'll be curious to see if it sells.

I've been particularly ruthless this year in cutting prices: something in me feels I'm coming to the end of an era, and it's time to sell off my inventory and move on.  But I suspect it's really a reaction to having spent so much time sorting through my mother-in-law's art last week.  It was so time-consuming, and so much of it should have been tossed YEARS ago.  I just don't think there's any point keeping art in cupboards and closets.  If you can't -- or don't want to -- find room for it on your walls, you should probably sell it or give it away...


1 comment:

Louise Gallagher said...

OOoooh.... I've got some of that kind of art around my house.... in my closets, behind doors, in the garage....

okay. you've done it again. Inspired me!

Hugs