Monday, April 8, 2013

Everyone contributes

I know: beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?  So lots of people may well roll their eyes when I display an image of this door, a door I was drooling over yesterday while wandering around one of my favorite places in the Northwest, the Fort Worden Battery in Port Townsend, WA.

But it seems to me that this is the primary gift of diversity: I get to show you the beauty I see -- in an event, an image, a place, an idea -- and you get to show me the beauty YOU see in the events, images, places and ideas that call to YOU. 

No one of us can see everything -- only God can do that.  But each of us has a vital piece of the picture to share, and we owe it to one another to be open to that, to look, to listen, to share what we know, and somehow grow together in the process.

1 comment:

Judy Olson said...

I love this! (and paused to photograph something similar yesterday).