Monday, August 2, 2010

Approach/Avoidance

I haven't a lot of time to write: I spent 12 hours in the car today with some very dear old friends from the east coast whose daughter wanted to see Forks (home of TWILIGHT) and whose son wanted to climb Hurricane Ridge, and I'm bushed.

So I'm hoping that in this case the pictures speak for themselves: I call them Approach and Avoidance; I shot them while not doing that last hike on Hurricane Ridge.

And I just have to say -- look how graceful approach looks!

And notice the incredible contortions we get ourselves into when we're practicing avoidance.

So which do you think I'm recommending here?

I mean, all of us photograph badly from certain angles.  But I'm thinking there's nothing very beautiful about avoidance.

So if you've been avoiding someone -- well, maybe it's time to rethink that...

2 comments:

Louise Gallagher said...

Okay. Okay. I hear you! That avoidance is downright ridiculous looking!

What great photos though! Regardless of the angle, there's something very endearing about that second one -- I can feel her fear and caution taking over and getting the better of her -- and I've been there all too often.

Hugs

Louise

Maureen said...

I missed this until I came back to get a link for someone.

Very funny.