Saturday, July 10, 2010

Party time

I got up at 5:30 this morning in order to be ready to head for the 7:55 ferry into Seattle for my first day of classes. Had a wonderful day, actually managed to catch the 5:30 ferry home, and now I'm sequestered in my office while my husband and a whole pack of his friends are out barbequeing on the deck.

This is the sunset view we'll all be watching soon; I just wanted to share it with you so my friends could be at the party, too. Truth be told, I'm too exhausted after the day to want to interact with all these strangers, but they seem like very nice people so I'll probably head out there when I'm done.

I think it's sweet that he's throwing this party; such a sign of hope! And I had to do absolutely nothing, just point him to the party mix on my ipod and mix up a batch of homemade guacamole... Nonetheless, there are times when we have to postpone our quiet times until the rush of the day is over. So I'll be up and away. Enjoy this image; I hope you are among friends and enjoying the summer, wherever you are!

No comments: