Sunday, April 11, 2010

Diving into the silence

This is another of my ferry floor creations. She looks like she's about to dive into a pool, doesn't she? But I didn't quite understand the significance of that until I realized -- oh, yes, it's another computer-free Sunday, so I should post this tonight. Hmm, shall I use the image I created today? And why did I call her "prepare to dive in"? What's the significance of that?

Silly question -- when I'm spending my weekend preparing for my week away. I'm preparing to dive in to a week of silence -- which means getting things tidied up and ready here, preparing answers to questions that might come up and anticipating needs for the coming week.

And, of course, I'm preparing for the trip itself -- reading the book, planning what to take, readying myself for the journey ahead: suiting up in preparation for a nice long dive into the deep pool of silence.

Will I be silent here as well? I'm not sure yet -- don't know if I'll have an internet connection, for one thing, though I will take my computer. And I don't know if I'll be moved to speak. What I do know is there will be none of these goddess torsos over the coming week, as I don't have this version of photoshop on my laptop. But I suspect there will be other things to photograph along the way, and other images to share.

So in case I can't sign on -- have a good week! Think of me in the silence, keep a moment of silence for yourself, and feel free to browse through some of my old posts if you're looking for something to read...

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Great image!

Have a wonderful week, Diane. I'll miss my daily fix of your posts and look forward to your return.

Hugs.

Louise Gallagher said...

May the silence of your week fill you with peace and blessings.

Nameste

Louise Gallagher said...

Hello Diane -- after reading your post and then meandering through my Inbox, I found this as my daily email from Julia Redstone's

MEDITATIONS ON LOVE,
Relationships and Letting Go

56.
Do not try to hold life by force, for, like water, it will slip through your fingers, but open your hands, instead, to the One, and let all that you seek come to you in silence.