Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A time for silence

Yes, well, actually, I have to agree with my daughter about yesterday's post: I'm not sure anyone could parse that one accurately, no matter HOW awake they might be. And that blog of Tian's she sent me to? Well, there was a video posted there that could cure ANYONE, even me, of ever trying to talk sensibly about art. It's very funny, but also embarrassingly accurate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDo_vs3Aip4

So I think from now on I'll stay away from any attempt to discuss my art and just hope that the photos somehow illustrate whatever contemplative observations I may have to offer.

That said, I just really wanted to post this image, the last of the bunker series shot last weekend. Because I like it. Nuff said?

The last verse I read from Rumi this morning totally confirms the importance of what today's Thomas reading calls "taking a break from the Cosmos."

"There is a way between voice and presence
where information flows.

In disciplined silence it opens.
With wandering talk it closes."


Hmmm.

Guess it's time for silence.

No comments: